Friday, June 22, 2012

Hey all! Welcome to my blog! So excited to start this new project!
I think I'll start it off by telling you all a bit about myself....
So I'm Erin. I'm 17. A dual high school/college student (it's complicated, lol). A book nerd. A social science lover. A thinker. A volunteer. A social justice activist.
I am on a journey of self-discovery, and you are invited along for the ride! I have started to explore intellectual and social issues more critically for 3 years now. I study sociology and political science, in hopes to become a politician and non-profit worker. I am involved with many different organizations that have helped me along in my journey. A Rape Crisis Center. A Youth Engagement Agency. YouTube even! I want to understand the world, learn everything about it, and ultimately liberate it.
I'll get more personal as the journey goes on. Promise. But, now I want to explain how things are going to roll here.

Firstly....


I am open to any and all suggestions. If you want me to cover a topic, I sure as hell will. If you want me to talk with you about something, shoot me an email, I'll be happy to have a discussion.


Next....


I am going to TRY to post three times a week here, but don't hold me too that. 




Third.....


This blog is going to feature posts that are about activism and social justice. Hence the title. The purpose is to create a broader awareness and understanding of cultural/social/political issues that effect us all. Most things here will be analyzed from a sociological, sex-positive, equalist, egalitarian, pro-choice, pro-women, pro-gay, pro-everything-that-doesn't-hurt-anyone perspective. 




Ok I think that about covers the first post. Check back her often for more goodies!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment